An Activity is the title of a group of fundraising campaigns on Donr.
Table of ContentsVideo Walkthrough
What is an Activity?
If you're creating multiple fundraising campaigns surrounding the same event via Donr, you might find it useful to have them all grouped together in the reporting side of the Dashboard. For instance, your charity might have multiple runners in the Great North Run or London Marathon – if you intend to create a Text Giving campaign for each runner, you could create an Activity called GNR22 and associated each individual Text Giving campaign with that GNR22 Activity so that they are grouped together when it comes to reporting. Activities can also be used to group fundraising campaigns via different solutions together – say you're holding a Summer Party and would like a Text Giving campaign for that event, as well as a Text Raffle campaign to advertise at the event; creating an Activity called Summer Party 22 and associating your Text Giving and Text Raffle campaigns for the event with that Activity will group them together in reporting so you can easily see how much you've raised through that event in total via Donr.
Create an Activity
- Log into your Donr dashboard and navigate to any one of the Fundraising Solutions (Text Giving, Text Raffles, or Giving Pages)
- Select ‘Create Activity’
- Enter the name of the campaign (e.g. Charity X Appeal 2022), and hit ‘Save')
Create a campaign under an Activity
- Navigate to any of the Fundraising Solutions (Text Giving, Text Raffles, and Giving Pages).
- Create a campaign as normal, you will be prompted to add it to an existing activity.
- Select the activity you’ve set up, and continue through the setup process as normal.
- You can set up as many elements of the campaign as you require for your campaign (e.g. any combination and number of Text Giving keywords, Giving Pages, and Text Raffles).
Monitor income using Activities
- Navigate to ‘All Donations’, under Reports
- Use the filter function to filter by Activity, and select the campaign you created. You will be able to see all income made through your specified campaign.
If you are interested in learning more about how you can use activities and what they can do for your charity, check out our blog post ‘5 Benefits of Activities’.