As Mobile Lotteries are a gambling product, it is important that they are promoted to appropriate audiences, with essential information communicated.
Table of Contents
What guidance should be followed when promoting a Mobile Lottery?
Mobile Lotteries must not be actively promoted to the following groups. Reasonable steps should also be taken to ensure that these groups do not inadvertently access promotions.
- Children under 18 years old
- People who aren't residents of the UK
- Vulnerable people
To ensure that these groups do not receive Mobile Lottery promotions, charities should follow this guidance:
- The wording detailed below should be included whenever a Mobile Lottery is promoted
There are also advertising standards which should be adhered to. Full guidance from the Advertising Standards Authority on promoting your lottery is available here.
What wording should be included when promoting a Mobile Lottery?
The following information should be included whenever your lottery is promoted:
- The lottery is for people over the age of 18 only
- The lottery is for residents of Great Britain only
- Each ticket costs £2 per week
If a text message call-to-action is used (e.g. text LOTTERY to 88000 to find out more), you must state “texts cost one standard network rate message”.